The third nutrition funded project. Chaired by Robert Hayward.
- Conduct a full literature search on amino acid composition, amino acid requirements, and feed formulations for yellow perch and Nile tilapia.
- Evaluate body amino acid composition of yellow perch and Nile tilapia.
- Evaluate limiting amino acid requirements of yellow perch and Nile tilapia.
- Evaluate amino acid availability of dietary ingredients for yellow perch and Nile tilapia.
- Develop a least-cost diet formulation model available to the NCR aquaculture industry within a two-year period for yellow perch and Nile tilapia.
- Coordinate findings from this study with the Technical Committee Extension Subcommittee of NCRAC.
|Institution||Principal Investigators||Objectives||Year 1||Year 2||Total|
|University of Missouri||Robert S. Hayward (Jeffre D. Firman, Karthik Masagounder, Co-PIs)||1-6||$42,500||$37,500||$80,000|
Project Outline (224K pdf file)
Project Number: 3