This first Workshop/Conference for Extension was chaired by Carol Engle.
- Improve Extension’s information and delivery system for aquaculture in concert with industry areas of high priority.
- Enhance the development of new state Extension educational programs in aquaculture by highlighting innovative programs.
- Examine the scope of Extension efforts in aquaculture at the state, regional, national, and international levels.
- Evaluate the role and effectiveness of Extension activities within the USDA Regional Aquaculture Centers program and pursue actions of enhancement.
- Identify opportunities and needs to enhance the development of regional and interregional Extension programs in aquaculture.
- Strengthen communication networks and exchanges of materials, programs, and expertise among aquaculture Extension staff.
- Examine team building and multidisciplinary approaches to Extension programming in aquaculture.
- Address national and regional issues impacting educational programs and state and federal legislation.
- Examine major trends in commercial aquaculture and emerging opportunities.
- Explore use of new communication technology and innovative reporting techniques.
|Carol R. Engle (U. of Arkansas at Pine Bluff)||1-10||$3,005|
Project Number: 1