Drug Approval Research on 17-a Methyltestosterone
The objectives for the sixth aquaculture drug project (November 1, 2005 to October 31, 2006) include:
1. Interact with the Center for Veterinary Medicine (CVM) to determine the study design and protocol.
2. Submit the study protocol to CVM and gain acceptance from CVM for the study protocol.
3. Conduct a target animal safety study using 17"-methyltestosterone (MT) on tilapia according to CVM guidelines for a target animal safety study in feed under good laboratory practices (GLP).
4. Write the final study report and submit to CVM through the MT Investigational New Animal Drug (INAD) Coordinator at Auburn University.
5. Provide progress reports to the North Central Regional Aquaculture Center (NCRAC).
6. Gain acceptance from CVM for the target animal safety study on MT in tilapia.
Anita M. Kelly (Southern Illinois University-Carbondale)
Project Outline (104K pdf file)
Report (130K pdf file)
Author: Anita M. Kelly,
Project Number: 6
Duration: November 1, 2004 to October 31, 2006