The fourth Economics and Marketing funded project was chaired by Pat O'Rourke.
Evaluate the potential "supply" and "market" for hybrid walleye (female walleye x male sauger) and sunfish (female green sunfish x male bluegill) fillets relative to comparable fish.
1. To analyze information on the consumption and "supply" of comparable fish in the U.S. and NCR.
2. To provide a technical comparison of the qualities and attributes of hybrid walleye (female walleye x male sauger) and sunfish (female green sunfish x male bluegill) fillets with those of substitute fish.
3. Assess consumer (supermarket/consumers and restaurant/consumers) perceptions and likelihood of purchasing hybrid sunfish and walleye fillets relative to substitute fish.
4. Evaluate the likelihood (and conditions, e.g., supply available, fillet sizes, price) that wholesaler, institutional buyers, and major fish retailers will add hybrid walleye and sunfish to their product lines.
5. Assess the potential interest and perceived barriers to the commercial production of hybrid sunfish and walleye.
6. Estimate the "supply" and "demand for hybrid walleye and sunfish fillets.
|Edward M. Mahoney/Ronald E. Kinnunen (Michigan State University)||1, 2,3, & 6||$18,108|
|Patrick D. O'Rourke (Illinois State University)||1,3,4,5, & 6||$14,614|
|William C. Nelson (North Dakota State University)||1,3,4,5, & 6||$15,278|
Project Outline (185K pdf file)
Termination Report (64Kpdf file)
Project Number: 4