(funded project #4)
The fourth Salmonid Funded Project. Chaired by Paul Brown
- Develop and evaluate practical and economically viable diets that are fish-meal free or as fish-meal free as practical:
- using soy, or other oil-seed products that are regionally available, and
- using Shasta, Donaldson and Kamloop strains of rainbow trout and/or Arctic charr for the evaluation.
- Evaluate the effects of water temperature on the growth/stress response in salmonid strains or species (as listed in Objective 1) under outdoor commercial culture conditions in the upper and lower portions of the North Central Region.
- Investigate the effects of trace mineral supplementation on the growth and stress response of rainbow trout in high density culture, as evaluated by plasma cortisol levels and fin-nipping behavior.
|Paul B. Brown (Purdue University)||1||
|Donald L. Garling (Michigan State University)||1 & 3||
|Konrad Dabrowski (Ohio State University)||1||
|Jeffrey A. Malison (University of Wisconsin-Madison)||2||
Project Outline (219K pdf file)
Termination Report (65K pdf file)
Project Number: 4
09/01/1997 to 01/31/2001